How does Vertdeep offsetting work?
Vertdeep offsetting consists of investing in projects saving an amount of CO2 equivalent to the CO2 emitted by a third party.
- Offsetting finances projects that aim to :
- either to capture CO2 (mainly tree planting or forest sustainable stewardship)
- or to reduce CO2 emissions at the source (better energy efficiency, use of renewable energy instead of fossil fuels)
What is project additionality?
- The emission reductions generated by the projects would not have occurred otherwise.
- Validation of the uniqueness of the projects: thanks to the registry in the Vertdepp Blockchain-DLT, these emission reductions are sold only once.
- Sustainability of projects over time and validation (or certification) of the reality of CO2 gains.
- Verification and traceability of financing from individuals, companies and institutions to offset operators.
What is "offsettable"?
As long as the CO2 emissions are measurable, basically every process resulting in a C02 rejection in the atmosphere is eligible for Vertdeep offsetting. For example:
Mobility: think on how to reduce C02 when travelling or commuting every day.
Building management: think on energy mix used for building heading or cooling.
- But also activities:companies offset their production, transportation, event organization, IT, etc…
Investing in Vertdeep certificate is the right choice to offsett your CO2 emission
Three steps approach:
1.1. Follow-up of best practices to reduce emissions as much as possible.